There are so many reasons to practice yoga: for your health, for fitness, for peace, for sanity, for relaxation, for liberation. Whatever your reason, Yoga is for every“body”. Yoga Shala, situated in the heart of Port Elizabeth, offers a variety of yoga classes 6 days a week in the mornings and evenings. We have classes suitable for all levels of practitioner as well as regular beginner’s courses designed to give you a solid foundation for a regular and effective practice. We look forward to seeing you on the mat.
Yoga Shala Etiquette:
- Please switch your cellphone off or on silent (without vibrate).
- Please wear comfortable clothing. If your clothing needs constant adjusting it is going to be distracting you (possibly others) from your practice.
- Keep your awareness on your own mat. Your progression happens with intimate awareness of what is happening in your own body.
- Please don’t wear strong perfume or deodorant.
- Please listen to your body! If you need to come out of a posture before the rest of the class, please do. If unsure, ask your instructor for advice. Be kind to your body, practice ahimsa.
- Please respect & be courteous to your fellow yogi’s & yogini’s.
- Please enter through the side gate and put your things in the treatment room at the back.
- Yoga Shala classes are open to anyone of any religion, sexual orientation, race & species.